2020 Korean History and Culture Seminar for Educators – Webinar
June 22-24 & July 7, 14, 21 | www.koreanseminar.org
This past webinar was held by the Korean Cultural Center Los Angeles (KCCLA), National Korean Studies (NKS), the Indiana University (IU) National Consortium for Teaching About Asia (NCTA) coordinating site, and the Sejong Cultural Society (Sejong) collaboratively to offer an enriching webinar this year. Topics covered Korean history, culture, and Korean poetry. We thank everyone for attending!
Past seminar announcements:
• Eligibility: K-12 and college educators, librarian, and administrators
• Registration fee: FREE for all eligible participants
• Registration deadline: Jun 18 (first come first served; participation is limited to 80)
1. The “Korean History and Culture Webinar for Educators” hosted by NKS will be held on June 22, 23 and 24 from 1pm to 4 pm (PST). It will consist of 9 hours of lectures via Zoom plus 20 hours of outside-of-webinar-hours homework assignments.
2. The Sijo Webinar hosted by IU NCTA and Sejong will be held on July 7, 14 and 21 from 1pm to 3pm (PST). Overall it will consist of 6 hours of lectures via Zoom plus 10 hours of outside-of-webinar-hours homework assignments.
- Educators who are currently employed to teach in K-12 classrooms in the USA are eligible for a $100 stipend upon completion of both webinars (15 hours of lectures) and all homework assignments (30 hours-worth) including creating lesson plans.
- All completed homework must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 18. (Yes, homework due date is before the last day of the Sijo webinar)
- We will also offer the following credits and a certificate to participants who attend both webinars and homework assignments. You may choose only one:
- One Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) Salary Point
- Four Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from the University of Southern California (Additional $180 must be paid directly to USC)
- If you are applying for either LAUSD Salary Point or USC CEUs, you must submit a homework processing fee of $50 via NKS PayPal by July 18 (NKS PayPal TBA). Teachers who do not need to apply for the LAUSD salary point nor USC units do NOT need to pay the homework processing fee.
- Teachers who complete both webinars and homework will be eligible for reference books for your class. Contact Lucy Park at Sejong@SejongCulturalSociety.org.
- All participants who complete both webinars and homework will receive a Certificate of Completion for 15 contact hours provided by the Indiana University NCTA Coordinating Site free of charge.
- Participants who write outstanding sijo and lesson plans will be asked to present their work on July 21 during the webinar and will be awarded $25 and $50 Amazon gift cards respectively.